You need to love yourself. You can’t expect anyone else to love you as deeply as you deserve to be loved, if you don’t love yourself at least that much.
In my last post, What No One Tells You About Loving Yourself, we talked about how loving yourself is not selfish. And that not loving yourself enough, will hold you back. It will keep you from reaching your full potential; from living the best life possible. We discussed the warning signs that you may not be loving yourself enough. If you’re not sure if you are, read this.
Bottom line, you deserve to be loved. No matter what you look like. No matter how educated you are. No matter where you live. No matter what size your bank account. No matter . . .
You deserve to be loved. Deeply and madly. And most importantly, you deserve to be loved by you.
Who is going to value you, the way you deserve to be valued, if you don’t value yourself? By honoring and celebrating who you are, you show people how to honor and celebrate you.
Here are 20 ways to love yourself:
- Celebrate your gifts. Everyone has things they’re good at. Find yours and celebrate
- Be kind. If you wouldn’t say something to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.
- Stop self-criticism. Learn to catch yourself and notice when you are judging yourself. Watch this to help.
- Praise yourself everyday. At the end of each day, there is certainly at least ONE thing you rocked. Even if it was just getting out of bed that day! Acknowledge it!
- Look how far you’ve come. You have dealt with some shit in your life-pat yourself on the back!
- Recognize that life is about mistakes. That’s how we learn and grow. Don’t believe me? Read this.
- Own your shit. We make mistakes, we’re human. Just own it and move on.
- Forgive yourself. This isn’t easy, but it’s important. If you need help, read this.
- Make time to do something that makes you happy. Make a date with yourself.
- Acknowledge and express your feelings. Don’t keep things bottled up. Let it out!
- Find one thing each day to be grateful for. Are these things keeping you from feeling grateful?
- Set boundaries. Loving yourself means not letting yourself get sucked into other people’s drama.
- Don’t buy into what social media is trying to sell you. NO ONE’S LIFE IS AS IT APPEARS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. There are genuine SM accounts out there. You can find people being real and vulnerable. But a lot of it is staged. Remember, people usually only post the beautiful shiny stuff.
- Nurture the things you are good at. Find what sets your soul on fire and spend time doing it.
- Chase your dreams. What’s keeping you from your dreams? Read this to find out.
- Take care of your mind. Your body. And your soul. Remember, “garbage in – garbage out.”
- Surround yourself with people who build you up. People who love you for who you are.
- Have fun! Figure out what you love to do and do it! Life isn’t supposed to be miserable.
- Connect with yourself. Take time to listen to yourself. If you need help, read this.
- Be true to who you are. You were created perfectly. Remember that. Let her/him shine!
- Let go of the bullshit. Don’t listen to who the world tries to tell you to be. Listen to who your heart tells you to be.
Until you truly love yourself, you will never be able to reach your full potential. Unless you treat yourself with the loving kindness you deserve, you will never become all that you were destined to be.